One of my favorite decorations at our rustic barn wedding reception (that took place in 'The Big Barn' at Balls Falls Conversvation Area) was the wooden initials that my dad made that were hung on the barn door behind the head table.
HOW WE MADE IT:
- My Dad made them out of melimine board
- He then crackle painted them.
- I choose 'Pointedly Mad' as my font and I made the initial to actual size (Each letter was 2.5ft high) and my dad printed the initials large scale on a plot printer.
- He then used the cut out paper initals as the template for cutting them out of wood.
- He used two strips of wood on the back of the initials to hold them together as one piece
- We hung them with rope that was stapeled to the back of the initials
- The middle initial is the first letter our last name and the two outside initials are the first letters of our first names.
HOW IT LOOKED AT OUR RECEPTION:
All of the guests commented afterward how much they loved the initials - it was a simple project with a big impact.
Photos by Jenn Stark Photographers