Monday, July 6, 2009

Inspiration for Our Save The Dates!

Ben and I were working on our Save The Dates Yesterday as we feel that there is no harm in having them out about a year before the wedding as August is a big vacation month and many people tend to make holiday plans a year in advance! So we want to start making them so that they are ready to hand out by the end of this August!

I was searching 'old fashioned calendars' and I came across this one and it became the inspiration for our save the date!




We used the style and layout to get ideas for how to make our Save the Date look like an old fashioned calendar!


We then searched for the perfect font and came across this one and loved it! It looks very old fashioned without looking too circus like or too western!



It took us a long time to construct the calendar by hand, but it looks good and fits our theme (without being too themey) as its simply a calendar!

We also purchased nice embroidered fabric that will be sewn on the back of the card stock! It should look really pretty and rustic!

I have also always wanted to make a magnet to go in our save the dates - so I was simply going to send in a design to a magnet company that I have worked with in the past! But Then I had the idea to make my own (as they will go with the theme better and be cute and more personal) and I had the idea to attach magnets to clothes pins and to then tie a ribbon or some twine like rope in a bow on the clothes pin as well as to spray paint them copper or cream. I would then put a little photo of us with the date on it - or a little card that matches the save the date - in the clothes pin and include that in the envelope with the save the date so that people can put that on their fridge as a reminder!


I just did a google search and found a couple of cute clothes pin magents!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post on the Circus font - just what I needed!! Great blog, keep it up!


Inspired By This....

Inspired By This....

Our Wedding Day Storyboard

Our Wedding Day Storyboard
Elements of our wedding day!

Collage of Our Engagement Photos:

Collage of Our Engagement Photos:
I finally put together a collage of our own engagement photos. I am always making them for other couples but never us. I am thinking about getting it custom framed (when frame go half price at Michales) and then doing the same square format of our wedding photos. They will be nice custom pieces for on the wall at home and I like that you can show multiple photos at once (instead of choosing just one!)

Our Wedding Movie Poster!

Our Wedding Movie Poster!
My friend Jenn took this photo for us and I thought it would be great to make it into a poster! Great for an online 'Save the Date' or can be used for a 'Jack and Jill' invitation/Poster!

Our Program - News Paper Style

Our Program - News Paper Style

Thanks for visiting our wedding blog! Below you will find posts about our wedding plans! - Photos by Jenn Stark of 'Jennifer Stark Photography' taken at Balls Falls our reception venue!

Photos Of Us!


Click this image for more details...

K + B = Love

K + B = Love