Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Save The Date... Dilemma?

While I was searching 'invitations' I came across this adorable 'Save the Date Card' and I was shocked to find that the couple posted a link to the PDF of their invitation, as well as to the font they used to create it! So I was able to download their version as well as the font, and simply erase all of their details and make it my own!

I already wanted to do the 'guest seating tree' with a photo hanging on the base of our initials carved in a tree - and I also wanted to theme the cake topper with a wood grain base and with the groom holding a wooden heart with our initials on it! So this Save the Date would work in perfect with our theme! Also because it would be one sided I could sew the fabric on the back of it!

My one concern is that I already had an idea for my Save the Date cards, I have already purchased stamps for it (as I have a 'Stampin' Up' Club that I go to every month) But those Save the Dates were going to be really tricky to make as they involved a spinning wheel of photos on the inside that would show pictures of Ben and I through a hole that was punched on the face of the card, and that was held together by a brad!

So maybe these Save the Dates are easier, and fit the theme really well! And I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of the stamps I purchased any way, even if i don't make those Save the Dates with them.

Here is the one I just made:



No comments:


Inspired By This....

Inspired By This....

Our Wedding Day Storyboard

Our Wedding Day Storyboard
Elements of our wedding day!

Collage of Our Engagement Photos:

Collage of Our Engagement Photos:
I finally put together a collage of our own engagement photos. I am always making them for other couples but never us. I am thinking about getting it custom framed (when frame go half price at Michales) and then doing the same square format of our wedding photos. They will be nice custom pieces for on the wall at home and I like that you can show multiple photos at once (instead of choosing just one!)

Our Wedding Movie Poster!

Our Wedding Movie Poster!
My friend Jenn took this photo for us and I thought it would be great to make it into a poster! Great for an online 'Save the Date' or can be used for a 'Jack and Jill' invitation/Poster!

Our Program - News Paper Style

Our Program - News Paper Style

Thanks for visiting our wedding blog! Below you will find posts about our wedding plans! - Photos by Jenn Stark of 'Jennifer Stark Photography' taken at Balls Falls our reception venue!

Photos Of Us!


Click this image for more details...

K + B = Love

K + B = Love