Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Martha's Got Nothin On Me!

So these 'body mists' were inspired by an idea from Martha Stewart Living. 'She' had sliced cucumbers and Lavender and placed them in mist bottles with water! I thought it was a very simple but nice idea and that it would be nice to have these at the wedding in the bathrooms for people to use to 'refresh' and cool down with!

And today I was at my friend Carlene's house (a faithful reader od this blog I might add :D), and she happens to have an adorable garden with herbs in the back yard of her adorable little house, and she let me take home a bag of 'Lemon Balm Herbs' that smell delicious! So we decided to stop at the dollar store and pick up some 'mist bottles' for me to test out this idea!

We found two packs the included a 'mist bottle' and a 'cap bottle' so this gave me the idea to also create a 'body oil' by filling the cap bottles with baby oil, as well as the lemon herbs.
So when I got home I made them (as I didn't want the leaves of the herbs to wilt) - & I remembered that I had fresh lemon and lime, so I sliced that up as well for extra scent and I placed it, along with cold water and the herbs, into the mist bottles!

I then thought it would be cute to include little clear and yellow glass beads/marbles that I already had to jazz up the 'body oil' bottles, since they did not have lemon and lime slices in them!

Then on Adobe I wrote 'Refresh' for the mist bottles of 'Herbal Lemon Balm and Fresh Lime Body Mist' and 'Relax' for the 'Herbal Lemon Balm Body Oil' - I also found an old fashion depiction of a lemon and thought it would add an extra flare to the bottles! I printed this sheet, making the text the right size to be cut out with my 'tag punch' that I got from 'Stampin Up!'

I purchased yellow ribbon to hold the tags in place so I simply uased a regular whole punch to create a place to hold the tags onto the ribbon, and then I simply tied the ribbon to the bottles and 'Wala'!

I think they turned out really neat and they make a quick and easy gift idea - or would be great as a favour or a prize at a wedding or baby shower. Or it would also be nice to make to place in your own bathroom when you have a BBQ or guests over!


Here are my photos! Like I said, Martha's Got Nothin On Me! :D





No comments:


Inspired By This....

Inspired By This....

Our Wedding Day Storyboard

Our Wedding Day Storyboard
Elements of our wedding day!

Collage of Our Engagement Photos:

Collage of Our Engagement Photos:
I finally put together a collage of our own engagement photos. I am always making them for other couples but never us. I am thinking about getting it custom framed (when frame go half price at Michales) and then doing the same square format of our wedding photos. They will be nice custom pieces for on the wall at home and I like that you can show multiple photos at once (instead of choosing just one!)

Our Wedding Movie Poster!

Our Wedding Movie Poster!
My friend Jenn took this photo for us and I thought it would be great to make it into a poster! Great for an online 'Save the Date' or can be used for a 'Jack and Jill' invitation/Poster!

Our Program - News Paper Style

Our Program - News Paper Style

Thanks for visiting our wedding blog! Below you will find posts about our wedding plans! - Photos by Jenn Stark of 'Jennifer Stark Photography' taken at Balls Falls our reception venue!

Photos Of Us!


Click this image for more details...

K + B = Love

K + B = Love